Pocketbike Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It only took me 6 months to get around to this.

I am including 2 pics that should answer most of the wiring questions about an X1 or X2.
Would it be possible for you to post more pics such as the ignition coil, relay and starter motor, and kill switch, and where they connect?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I believe this is a low numbered X bike wiring. You start by following the hot wire from the battery and from the generator housing. All the battery power goes thru the 10amp fuse, and there is a charging port wire hooked in to charge the battery. The starter/generator has 4 brushes, 2 for each purpose, starting and making power to charge your battery. It makes AC current so there is a voltage rectifier ( Diode ), that makes 13.7 volts DC, then you can charge your battery. The engine is like a chainsaw, it runs on its own.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If you have a 2 stroke 49cc piston port engine, there is no wiring, you ground the coil thru a button to stop the engine. Most of the wiring you see with Cateye and X bikes with lights & blinkers and a battery to charge, and all the other junk they put on. I don't own a X1 or X2 bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
49cc pocket bike x6 - i installed a push start button but wires get hot ( 1'POS-BATTERY 1'TO RELAY PIN 1'TO GROUND ) & also i have a starter switch 2 wire connector and another 2red wire 1coming from charger port other gussing ñegative cud i hook them up together..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Maybe the button wires are to small, or its not wired right, not sure what you did??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have lost the key for my midi moto and I was wondering if there any way to start it without it it’s a 4 wire ignition wire colours are yellow orange red and white any suggestions much appreciated

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I have lost the key for my midi moto and I was wondering if there any way to start it without it it’s a 4 wire ignition wire colours are yellow orange red and white any suggestions much appreciated
Just pull the plug apart and pullstart it...To shut it off just replug it back together...

Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
just unplug the key switch and then pull start the bike all the key dose is short the ignition to ground the key switch is more of a novelty and was never realley intended to prevent theft

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
What do you mean

You stated you wanted to know how to get the "bike started without the key"....?

I gave you the fastest and easiest answer by telling you to "unplug the keyswitch from the harness" and pullstart the bike which is a very viable answer to your question also to mention works on engines with pullstarters aswell as kickstarters......…

With Chinese wiring theres no definitive answer on "hotwiring" it seeings the Chinese use all sorts of different wire colors for the same termination on the same type harnesses due to the various different manufacturers plus you didn't give us the wire colors coming from the switch...…….Those colors are more pertinent..

For knowing that bit of info about which wires go where you need a multimeter to be absolutely sure which wires do what by doing a voltage check to find the power aswell as doing continuity tests to find the ground and killswitch wires or just buy a new keyswitch from ebay..

Good Luck

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
What do you mean by unplug the key switch from the harness
Wow I know youre really not serious asking that...?...

I just screenshot the posts and sent it to my nephew....He sent me back an emoji banging its head against a brick wall ..

He said to ask google or find a youtube vid.........I agree....LOL

Take care..............

41 - 56 of 56 Posts